Sunday, February 13, 2022

Quarantine Day 2 :)

 Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.


Just a few days ago, a close friend of mine asked me this, that whether I still do the blogging thing? Which I left that question unanswered. For I don't have the answer.


As someone who used to blog almost every single thing in her life, this feels weird. That I am not reporting huge things in my life to you, my dear blog. 


That Mom has not been feeling well since months. 

That Ayah met with an accident. 

That I've tendered my one-month resignation on August, and still manage to win a case at Court of Appeal (with all due respect, this is for my personal achievement list. Pardon me and please allow me to.)

That I've been reporting duty to new office since September. 

That I've been married since October. 

That I've been moving into a new house since November. 

That we have been to Johor last December for our family day. 

That January has been super crazy with office matters (well, every month does); and

That I've been verified to contact Covid 19 since hmm, yesterday. 


Too many things happen, yet so little time I could actually spend writing to you, my dear blogspot that has been a good friend of mine since years ago. That knows my story and keeps my open secret so well. 

I know I used to write everything to you, masked it behind the fact that it may be some kind of memories I wish to cherish in the future days. Until I realize, that written things are somehow so dangerous. I may be writing the words with so many beautiful imagination and intention, little do I know they may bounce back against me. Who knows?


Since then, I do not write too much. At least not here, at this public page where it is reachable by anyone, anywhere. 


But tonight, I feel like writing something. 


These quarantine days, I did not touch him at all. Starting from the day I was a close contact to a colleague at the office, I returned home that day and stayed away from him. Not touching him, and not sharing the space with him unless we were 2 metres apart, at least. I did my self test kit - and was relieved that it turned out negative. 


But the next day, I went to undergo a swab test to verify my status more accurately, just to find that I am positive - confirmed case of level 1 - asymptotic. No flu, no cough, no fever whatsoever. It just happens to be on me. At some point, alhamdulillah. 


But my husband is tested negative. And that is when I realize, this situation will prolong. The situation of not being able to stay close to him, what more to touch him. Not being able to cook neither to meet him. We have to spend our time in different room to be safe. And I need to be isolated from him for these 7 days. 


And the episode begins. We are entering our 3rd days of being separated from each other. Text messages and phone calls substitute all the face-to-face discussion and small talks. He will place my food on the bench outside the room and I am to put the used plates and cutleries for him to clean on my behalf. And the once in a while shout outside the room of him trying to ensure that I am... breathing? Haha


Bless this man, ya ALLAH. For staying with me. For keeping it up with me. And for spoiling me :') 


Being in quarantine also makes me realize how healthy we should actually be, if our busy daily routine is not getting in the way. How much fruit we should eat, how much water we should actually drink. Hana came yesterday to pass me the oxymeter, as well as the vitamin C tablets and some basic medication I might need. Well maybe that is all from her previous experience with Covid19. Today a delivery arrived, lovely fruit box from Raihana and Abid - containing my favorite grape, strawberry, mango, and oh - a tiny and pretty bouquet of flowers. Enough to light up my second day of quarantine, which I think has made me to become a little bit more emotional than usual. 


I thank God so much for these people. 


Honestly, these two days, I pretty much spent on lying on the bed - either sleeping, or reading, or probably some small reading before the nap. Look simple and boring, yet I realize those are the luxury things that I miss a lot to do, if I have the chance to. And now, I've used the chance. Alhamdulillah. 


Managed to get some files to be with me to work on during my quarantine days. But since today is only Sunday which is still the weekend, I suggest to myself to start working on Monday. Working from home. Er no, working from room. :')


I do not know what day 3 and onwards promise me, but I just wish they to be nice and kind to weak human being like me. Since I will be quarantined, all my trials next week will be postponed. But above all, I am more concerned to the upcoming two weeks which I will be 'having a feast' of doing some kinds of Sambung Bicara. 


Pray for me, please.


Anyway, thank you. And shall you are reading this for the first time, please do understand that this is my personal space, which all words here were written on my personal capacity and shall not represent anything I am associated with, except with me myself. 


Thank you :) 

0 love letta(s):