It has been a while since my last visit to the Court, physically. Since the pandemic strikes and the enforcement of series of MCO(s), almost all court matters were conducted via online means, if not being postponed to the next following date.
So last Tuesday, since Selangor has become a PKPB state instead of PKP, the Court has resumed its physical operation and as such, our attendance to the court has become necessary. So that Tuesday morning, I went to the Court, greeted the Jurubahasa and Bailif who were on duty, small chitchats then waited for our case to be called.
While waiting, a man wearing black and white together with a robe came into the courtroom and headed towards the staff's table. I heard the conversation and immediately understood that he was the plaintiff's solicitor, whose Defendant's solicitor of the case has informed the court last minute (at 10pm last night) that he was unable to attend today's matter due to the reason that he is tested positive Covid-19. He also enclosed his MC, but then we all were made to understand that the MC was actually produced by the Defendant's clinic. The man; the Plaintiff's solicitor indeed seemed unhappy with that situation, requested the case to be called anyway for him to 'meet' the Honorable judge. And immediately the Jurubahasa agreed.
Therefore, his case was called before us, despite he came in later than us.
'I hope you don't mind, it will be just a short housekeeping.' the man said to us, his fellow junior lawyers who were sitting and waiting there.
The judge entered and indeed his case was called first. He stood up very confidently and spoke to Yang Arif very eloquently that I envied him again because of that.
I envied him at first when he spoke to the court staffs, and they were so obedient and so happy to fulfil his request of meeting the judge in spite of absence of his opponent, and few other matters. And now that he spoke very fluently to YA regarding all the arising issues between him and his opponent, also making some requests some more, really put me in awe.
I said to myself that day that as much as I actually wanted to quit, to call it off and to cut ties with this profession - every single day in my life - there is some part in me as well who wish to stay in the practice for so long until I become like that senior lawyer, who seemed to have nothing to fear of. He was so confident and upright, as if whatever he is saying is correct and nothing but the truth. YA was indeed convinced by him and that made him looked more awesome.
While a little eaglet like me will be having a lot of problems, even with the court staffs for certain issues, whatmore to elegantly speak before Yang Arif, speaking of the things me myself is not confident to spout.
Allahu.
Indeed I still have a LOT to learn :')
Whatever it is, selamat maju jaya Yam :D
Regards,
Maryam Jamilah

0 love letta(s):
Post a Comment